5.09.2011

This descriptive writing assignment from a while back. Like, December or something.

I looked at its bespoke ebony wood as it shined out. Its pearly keys harmonized with the black all too well. I lifted up its roof and set it on the slender and fragile stand. Now the immaculate melody would resonate throughout the chamber. I spun around to install myself on the bench, positioning it closer. With this, I could execute my goal with a higher degree of perfection. The dimension was so surreal, and so exquisite. It wanted to be touched; it was begging to be played. It wanted its voice to be heard. Finally… my hands stretched out and all at once I was in a vivid and colorful world of light.
The passion that was sewn into my fingers long ago was flying out into its melody. My fingers glided without any control as if the instrument was playing itself. The joy of its beauty was exhibited across my face with an ear to ear grin. I had been so naive before of what this instrument could hold. The sound bounced off the walls with such an alluring elegance, such as I have never heard before. The piece was captured with such perfection. My eyes were suddenly wet. This is everything I had ever wanted to do.


The point was to describe something without naming it. I think I accomplished that :P

Let me know what you think
vvv

-Genevieve

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, you did well. I never get to play as often as I would like.

    ReplyDelete