12.21.2010

...Is This Real Enough?

Well, I have a few things to share. Not about life persay, but about my imagination and it's contents.
 First off, I have a confession to make. Today I had a bloody nose. Yes, yes. It bled. And bled. And bled. And I'm infected with notarealinfectionitis. I know. It's scary and deadly. But in fact, while said nose was bleeding, it dripped onto page 191 of my English book as I was finishing up an assignment. I set the book down, pinched my nose, and ran across the hallway into my room to grab a kleenex or 5. It was honestly a long nose bleed. And also, as my nose bleeds always do, blood came from my mouth. During the whole adventure, at one point the blood from my mouth embarked onto my pale, slightly chapped lips. As I was about to wipe it off I had to stare in the mirror that I had been facing for a moment. I really was looking like a vampire, and not only that but it all looked like.... a twisted and haunting beauty. I went to cleanse my face and was still thinking about it's disgusting beauty from earlier wishing that I had gotten a picture of it. After my face had no sign of gore, I went back to my sitting place and stared at my English book as an idea was swirling in my head. I grabbed the Canon EOS digital rebel xti that was sitting on the computer desk from earlier along with the English book that was still open and went back into my room. Although, by the time I'd finished cleaning up, the blood on my English book had more or less stiffened to the point that if I tried to wipe it off, it would only rip the weak pages. I didn't have time to be disappointed about that. I didn't even think much about it. As I went into my room, I quickly painted the nails my right hand with a black coat of polish and created my idea. I dimmed the lights and went to work. Afterward, as horrific as it looked, I loved it. Here are my favorites or the results.



Remember how I said that I had a few things to share? Well, number 2. My blog title. I had three people specifically asked why I named this blog "Under the Mask". I thought it should have been self explanatory, but I guess not. You see, most people know me as someone I'm not. I have my secrets and hidden interests and numerous other things pertaining to the sort. This is mainly to let it out, and for you to view under my mask that hides my sorrows and the things pertaining to it. I mean, I'm not saying my smiles are fake, my laughter is a myth, or that my happiness is transparent, but as a human being, there's more pain then you may realize. There are a few fake smiles here and there. And I'm letting you know exactly what they might be. Even at that, I'm probably saying this all wrong. This is just showing what I want, my goals, what I want to accomplish, and the person who is truly hiding under a facade. This probably doesn't sound like my posts at all, but slowly but surly, I hope to open up.

Now, onto other things that do not pertain to my complex mind. Tonight is the YW Christmas party. I'm rather exited for it because they have been good to me in the past. We're exchanging white elephant gifts, eating food (hopefully. I like food and hope it's there), and enjoying each others company. For my white elephant gift, I have some Hello Kitty silly bandz, the album Thankful (Kelly Clarkson (You see, I used to like that sort of music, but not anymore and they're just sitting there.), a light blue sock (singular) with unicorns on it, and cherry (unopened of course) chap stick. I don't like cherry anyway and have plenty of other chap sticks. I'm excited to see what I am to get.

Unfortunately, the flight my mother was hoping to get on to come home was canceled. But she is on a flight now I believe and will hope to be home really early this morning according to what the weather does.

And now, I don't believe I have anything else that is currently on my mind to write down. So do your doings, click the follow button, leave love and comments, loves.

Oh, and if I don't get back to you, enjoy your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/whatever else you may celebrate. Appreciate your gifts and blessing, eat mass consumptions of food, share warm feelings with family and friends, and try to stay warm. I hate it when my friends get hypothermia.
And remember, He is the reason for the season. :)

-Emi

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are awesome, skittles. And I more then agree you should've gotten a picture of the blood on your lip.

    I'll do my best to not get hypothermia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gennie your blog is awesome :) I actually created mine so i could follow you :) We haven't talked for a while now :S
    xoxo,
    Beatriz (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH. Yes, I know I should've mentioned it, but I didn't think of doing so. My apologies. About a week ago now I imagine, Everything on the hardrive on our computer was cleared for an unknown reason. So all of my pictures, music, and programs (documents, that sort of thing) was cleared and I haven't been able to get WLM back. Even though you have to download it and I know where the page is easily, it says I have to download like 5 other things and it just doesn't work. But I will try again soon.

    ReplyDelete