12.26.2010

They are purple.

This poem. I wrote it a while ago. Like end of March 2010 a while ago. Thought about it today. Thought I'd share it. Edited it a little. Huggles.

Think Before You Act

From the dim glow behind her
You see her ebony silhouette
Her hair tied high in the air
An image you can't forget

Inside her mind was a false past
Dripping in her salt crusted tears
Not satisfied with any part of herself
Wishing she could rewind time by the years

Her hands by her sides
Drenched in pain from her thoughts
She could learn no lessons from others
For her life could only be self-taught

She looked low toward the ground
Knowing the direction she had to go
She knew what she had to do
But she had to be willing to grow

She regrets all the lies
That she could never explain why she said them
She never really knew herself
And why she craved all the attention

She didn't know what to say anymore
She truly could not explain
Did they love her enough to understand?
Or would they only see what she became?

Many times she broke promises to herself
All saying the same thing
To never lie again
But the more it slipped without thinking


Although she tried not to
She had more lies to say
To cover the ones from before
More and more each day

To much she had taken
Beaten deep within her soul
Memories she couldn't erase
Time was taking it's toll

Her time here had ended
She knew it was too late
Now, the end had come
And she reached the pearly gate

So many things she had to confess
But too soon she slipped away
Now they were all there
It was long past due, she truly had to say

Before she could even start
There were tears streaming down her face
It was the hardest to say them now
Because her image she had disgraced

So much she had to say
But there was more to be heard
She didn't know where to begin
All the lies, so absurd

She chocked out all the words
Explaining the lie she was living
All of them frowned in disappointment
But unexpectedly, they were forgiving

For they explained themselves
That they had more sins to compare
She couldn't believe what she was hearing
Even these... they wouldn't dare

Worse things then one could imagine
The things the others said
They all should of said them earlier
Instead of having that moment to dread

We all make mistakes
And although you may think there is no repair
There is another way around
Don't live that moment of despair

------------

Christmas was alright. I wasn't too excited. I was more excited about what I had gotten for my siblings. But come Tuesday, I will be headed on a train to my nephew's house in Elko. I'm more excited for that than Christmas. So I'd thought I'd do something today because I know I wont be able to get online Tuesday. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays and continue to do so. I'll probably have one more post before this long year is over. But if not; party hard, loves.

triple o's
-Emi

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. Poetry that doesn't make me want to die of boredom!

    Seriously, that was great. (Reads again.)

    ReplyDelete