12.20.2010

OH EM FISH.

Tomorrow's Tuesday. Might as well get a head start. This here video, is my brother (Joe J.) on the drums playing to "My Sweet Coma" which his band wrote. They're not published or anything, just good. Just a taste of my family's musical talent. And I'm well on the same path. I just put it here for your viewing pleasure.

Now to other matters.

The Christmas party, that I talked about in my last post, was really dull and more like work than a party for me. The woman around my age waited tables, although the only food selection was a baked potato, salad, some meat, and peas. Which we gave them the whole thing any way, poured their waters, and worked in a kitchen which it's max capacity was probably 10. It was almost like taking a brick, walking 50 yards with it, setting it down, and going to get another brick until I got my break to eat my dinner. It wasn't tiring persay, it just got old particularly fast. Afterward, there was some sort of program with some historical insight which I played a number with my family for. I was accompanying (and singing because it was so basic) Go Tell It On The Mountain with my guitar. The reason I find that selection particularly humorous, is that it wasn't written until about 20 years later, after our skit of sorts actually happened. As in, there was no way that skit would've been able to be played then. What I'm saying is that they needed to do more research about it all.

On other parts of life, I'm being pretty ambitious in my school work this year, and if I continue at this rate, I might be done by April. That is, if I don't slack off like I have previously. Woot woot. And instead of slacking, I'd probably take two (or so) more freshman courses and complete them by the true end of the semester. Which is obviously quite exciting.

My mom left for a funeral for a childhood friend this week as well and will be back tomorrow. I miss her a lot.

And man, Christmas? This Saturday? It's so surreal.

Anyway, that's about it. Talk to you laterishmaybesoish?

-Emi

No comments:

Post a Comment